Thanks to our backers (69 so far), Object of Her Affection has raised the minimum all-or-nothing amount needed for funding! The campaign is accepting donations through Friday, September 21 at 3:00PM PST. Any additional funds raised would increase production value and put Object of Her Affection on better footing for future runs.
The $3000 we were able to raise addresses necessary artist fees and production costs critical to the project’s completion. These are some of the stretch goals and how the production would benefit:
- At $4,000, I could increase collaborator fees from a “friend rate” to something more reasonable and wouldn’t have to go into payment plans after the Automata run.
- At $5,000, I could hire assistants to help with repairs, additional builds, and rehearsal support.
- At $6,000, I could obtain professional documentation to properly archive the performance and set it up for future runs.
- At $7,000, I could hire a publicist to boost the performances at Automata.
- At $8,000, I could create cases for shipping, storage and exhibition displays.
- At $9,000, I could begin the process of commissioning a composer to create an original musical score.
- Beyond $10,000, I could hire a producing consultant to begin tackling the challenges of touring Object of Her Affection.
After the campaign, the performance will run for three weekends starting September 27th. Tickets are now on sale through Los Angeles Performance Practice There is more information on their website and sharable event invite on Facebook. Object of Her Affection is a solo object and puppet-based performance art piece centered on a woman, who in her search for true love, develops intimate relationships with inanimate objects.